Sunday, July 11, 2004

If Stranded On a Desert Island...



If I was stranded on a desert island and could only take one tool with me, it would be my Dremel.

Without sounding too much like an infomercial, it's one of those tools that you won't know how you lived without. Over the past three weeks, I've used my Dremel on about a half-dozen projects including:

  • Polishing my stainless steel watch (with the polishing kit that includes jewler's rouge);

  • Sanding off protruding nails in my hardwood floor;

  • Cutting sheet metal to install a new exhaust fan in my bathroom;

  • Cutting sheetrock (using the drywall cutting tool) to fix my a/c unit;

  • Sanding down some abrasions on the lower front bumper of my BMW Z4.


That's just in the past two weeks.

This is really a great tool that every gadget-oriented person should have. You'll catch yourself looking for new projects to use the ole' Dremel on. Dremel.com is a pretty good Web site, and includes an Owner's Club and Message Board with a lot of tips to help users out with less-than-traditional projects for the tool.

-aB

No comments: