Friday, July 09, 2004

All Mice Are Not Created Equal



My old PS2 Logitech trackball finally petered out this week. After about five years of dutiful service (probably longer than that - this baby pre-dates USB), I decided to fork out $49 on a new mouse, the Logitech MX510.

There is a difference in mice. Now, I have the first generation Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse on my main computer, and it's pretty good (although it eats through batteries faster than I had hoped). I initially installed this new mousie on my second computer, but last night it got the call - to move from the minors to the major league. The Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse got sent down and the Logitech got called up.

Playing games (like Unreal 2004 until 1:30 in the morning), this baby rocks. I had underestimated the "stutter" in the wireless mouse for games. As you can see in the image, the Logitech is pretty easy on the eyes - although I would have preferred the blue one over the red (it comes in two colors).

Positive reviews and awards are pouring in for the MX510. Count this as one of them.

-aB

No comments: