Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Sony Announces Cool New MiniDV Camcorder



Today Sony officially announces the DCR-PC350 MiniDV Handycam, and let me tell you, I'm taking notes for my Santa list.

The camera is about the size of a paperback book, weighs in at under one pound and can take still images at 3.31 MP resolution. It has Zeis optics, a 2.5 inch touchscreen LCD and can film in 19:9 format (but not at high definition resolution).

The new Sony will retail for around $1300 and be available in September.

My only beef with these ultra-compact cameras are that they are hard to hold still (because they are so small and lightweight). Super SteadyShot helps, but that's the one sacrafice I see with these pocket cams. That, however doesn't change the fact that I still want one.

Take a look.

-aB

No comments: