Friday, August 12, 2005

Things We Miss...



CNet today (via Gizmodo) has a great list of tech things that they miss, and I must admit, I agree with almost all of them:

- Kozmo.com
This was a company ahead of its time. So was Webvan. The idea that you could go online and order up a frozen pizza, 6-pack and DVD was just about perfect. We had Kozmo in Atlanta when I lived there, and they practically saved my life when I got sick and needed some Pepto Bismol - fast.

(Aside - I had to go online to find out how to spell Pepto Bismol and found the Pepto-Bismol.com Web site. Very funny.)

- The Concorde
Never got to go faster than the speed of sound. Damn.

- Good Keyboards
Where is an originial IBM Model M Keyboard when you need one?

- The Newton
Yes, I am a dork. I have two. A MessagePad 110 and a MessagePad 2000. They made the move to Pittsburgh with me. Need to fire it up.

This story at CNet has the rest, compiled by Rafe Needleman. This should be a ongoing column!

-aB

No comments: