Friday, June 24, 2005

Sprint's New Logo



Via Gizmodo, here's a look at Sprint's new logo, updated from the red & white after their merger with NEXTEL.

I like the little logo and the typeface of the wordmark, but the logo is pretty blah. It really doesn't say too much about the company. It could be a logo for a software company, an airline or just about anything.



I think Cingular did a good job with their logo after the merger with AT&T. (Disclosure - I worked on the merger and on the Cingular brand launch.) They decided, correctly that the Cingular "Jack" (and they hate when you call it that) had more positive equity and personality than the AT&T globe. They simply changed the Cingular wordmark from it's Cingular orange color to AT&T Wireless blue.

I'll wait and see if the new Sprint logo grows on me...

-aB

1 comment:

Gump said...

Just figured out what the graphic element next to the new Sprint wordmark is. (It took a while.)

It's the shadows of the Sprint "pin" dropping on the table.

Didn't get it until I saw it animated on a TV commercial during the US Open last night.

-aB