Wednesday, August 04, 2004

The Balkanization of Online Media



Well, it seems as though columnist Adam L. Penenberg of Wired agrees with me on the ridiculousness of online registration for online media, specifically online newspapers. Snippet:

By putting their advertisers' interests above their readers', news sites risk alienating their core customers. Without us, there wouldn't be any advertisers to appease. There's no law that says we have to tell them the truth about ourselves, and news is news: I can get it from any number of sources on the Net.


I discussed my displeasure about this issue last month here on GumpRants. In that post I mentioned one of my favorite tools, www.BugMeNot.com. It's a great tool, so I will mention it again.

Here's a link to the full column on Wired.

-aB

No comments: